httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: New draft of manual style
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 17:52:40 GMT
Astrid Keßler wrote:
>>http://cvs.apache.org/~slive/manual/
>>Contains a new draft of the proposed new manual style.  This one is
>>fully generated using xslt, so all the xml files should be converted.
>
> Fine, so we have now a first draft to work with the whole documentation.
> It is actually a draft, isn't it?

Certainly.

> It's a bit different from André's
> suggestion and sometimes ... unbalanced.

Can you be more specific.  I'm not sure what you mean.

> I miss the additional styles,

You mean the alternate style-sheets?  Those can certainly be put back,
but I'm not sure I understand the point of them.  Ordinary users will
never find them, I'm sure.

> the harmonized link colors

All the link colors look the same to me, except for directives and
modules which are deliberately different.  I changed everything to turn
red on hover, and I removed the underlining on modules and directives,
because I think it makes paragraphs with many references difficult to read.

> , and the german documents seem to need some
> code correction (maybe only an updated xsl, this should be no problem).

I haven't looked at the translations, but they should be relatively easy
to fix.

> I would suggest to exclude Netscape 4 completely from css. This will
> simplify the css a lot.

That's always been my opinion, but others disagree.

Joshua.