httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: env.xml validation problem
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 23:17:47 GMT
Astrid Ke├čler wrote:
>>Gotta change the DTD
>
> -1

Also -1 from me. I asked because I knew that we will have to keep the ID
state in the dtd :-)

>>or the id
>
> +1

Seems to be the only way. I just hope that nobody is relying on the
consistency of directive-/env-names and IDs/anchors. I will commit this.

> An id has to be unique within the doument. CDATA not. Since the id
> attribute will become an anchor in the generated html file, uniqueness
> is postulated.

right ;-)

> An id comes with some restrictions. The same restrictions (and more, if
> I'm not mistaken) applys to anchors. When using a slash within the
> anchor name, we will get an invalid html document.

Unfortunately the w3c doesn't loose a word on this
(http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html#h-12.2.1)

erik