httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Major revision of sections.html
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:58:41 GMT
One of the more complicated aspects of apache configuration (and also
one of the more powerful aspects) are all those <directory>, <files>,
<location>, etc sections.  The existing documentation on this stuff is a
little bit sketchy.  Attached is both html and xml versions of a rough
draft of a major revision to sections.html to make it more complete and
a little less technical.

Feedback is very much appreciated.  I think a few more examples could be
added.  I was also rather sketchy about how the <proxy> section fits
into things.  That's mainly because I really don't know myself how it
works.  Mostly I am interested in things that could make the docs
simpler and clearer.

Fire away!  (But don't bother with spelling mistakes; I haven't
spell-checked it yet and my spelling is atroshus.)

Joshua.