httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Translators STATUS ?
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:22:53 GMT
Luiz Rocha wrote:
>>httpd.apache.org/docs-project/translations.html
>>
>>I missed tons of stuff, so please feel free to update.
>

> Hi everyone,
>
>   I checked the above link and there is no references to anyone translating the Apache
Documentation to Brazillian Portuguese. I'm assuming that there is no one doing this, if I'm
wrong, please correct me.

>   I'm willing to translate the documetation to Pt-BR, I also have a friend who want to
help too. My question is, what do I have to do to take care of it?

>   I've already read the Doc-Proj-Tutorial and I can start it right now, so I just one
some guidance, some pointers to start doing it.

Welcome!  You've started well.  Also read:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/docsformat.html

Then checkout httpd-2.0/docs from cvs (according to the tutorial
instructions) and take a look at some of the files there.  Choose a file
(preferably one where the english version is already converted to xml),
and translate it following the examples and then send it to the list
here.  Then we can check it out, confirm that it has been reviewed and
that it matches the required format, and make whatever changes to the
build system are necessary to incorporate it.

Make sure you get feedback from the list early and often.  There is no
use wasting your time doing work that will need to be redone.

Also feel free to ask more questions, but it helps if you make your
questions as specific as possible.

Joshua.