httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: docs layout revision (was: HTML+CSS proposal)
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2002 02:19:41 GMT
André Malo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ok. we revised the whole stuff. It might be a little bit colorful now,
> but IMHO it becomes also more friendly so.

OK.  I'll try to find a little time to do an xsl mockup of this stuff.

> There are several semantics issues, which we should think over. For
> instance, the <em>s used in syntax definitions should be <var>s.

Yes, true.

> Or,
> from mod_include.html:
>
> | The processing is controlled by specially formated SGML comments,
> | referred to as <em>elements</em>.
>
> is probably better written as "... <dfn>elements</dfn>."

I'm not exactly sure what you are implying here.  What specifically does
<dfn> mean semantically?

The other one I was thinking of adding which is somewhat related is some
kind of tag to indicate that something is defined in the glossary (which
the xsl could automatically transform into a link to the relevant place
in the glossary).

And another one is that <code> might be overused in some places where a
more specific tag would be better.  I haven't thought too much about
what could replace it.

Joshua.