httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject wacky docs look - take two
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:03:23 GMT
Here's another draft of the wacky new doc style.  I think it is looking
relatively polished now, and I've included transformations so you can
try it out with non-xml browsers.  See
http://cvs.apache.org/~slive/manual/

The main page hasn't changed, but most of the xml generated files have,
including:

http://cvs.apache.org/~slive/manual/configuring.html
http://cvs.apache.org/~slive/manual/logs.html
http://cvs.apache.org/~slive/manual/install.html
and all the modules linked from
http://cvs.apache.org/~slive/manual/mod/

Just as a reminder, this is using css directly stolen from
http://style.tigris.org/.  Personally, I'm not going to be making a
bunch of changes to their style sheet.  I've layered a few special
things for us in another stylesheet.  It does make use of <div>s to a
large degree, but there are certain things (like <example>) that could
probably make better use of css still.

So here is what I'd like to hear:

- Is this the right overall direction?
- Is it too flashy/complicated?
- Does it work in everybody's various browsers?  (It is supposed to work
at least back to Netscape 4, but I haven't tested it.)

If people like it, what the process be for adopting it?  Should we go
ahead and do it now, and fix up any problems later.  Or should we wait
and fix things now.  Or possibly, should we wait until the rest of the
manual is converted to xml?

Joshua.