httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject named entities
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:44:30 GMT
Some minutes ago I got a mail from Cliff, sending me an error message
he got while transforming http-site. What happened? I used a named
entity accidentially for a special character in my name. Since the DTD
does not contain entities we have to use character references instead.
Well, I fixed it, no problem.

But I would suggest to add the named entity definition from w3c to
common.dtd:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/HTMLlat1.ent
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/HTMLsymbol.ent
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/HTMLspecial.ent

Especially for future translations and patches from people, which are
not firm with xml and charater entities, but with html. They may use
entities automatically like I did. Imho we'll save a lot of emending
effort.

Kess