httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: Netware service pack
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:45:09 GMT
   Since NetWare really has no need for the man pages, I really don't
have a problem with #2 or #3.  #3 seems to at least get the
functionality documented before it falls through the cracks.  Once that
is done, maybe somebody who does know troff can make the changes there.

Brad

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.novell.com

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Brad Nicholes wrote:

> BTW, do you know if anybody has had a
> chance to fix up the Rotate Log documentation in accordance with the
new
> functionality?  I posted a message last week about it but didn't get
any
> response.  I would do it myself but I have no idea how to edit the
man
> pages document.

The problem is that I don't really know either.  The html page that
you
editted is generated from a troff man page.  I have the tools to
convert
from troff to html (with a little hand-editting), but I really don't
know
troff at all.  So the options are

1. Somebody figures out enough troff to keep the man pages up-to-date.

2. We ditch the troff man pages and go with html only.

3. We ignore the issue and let the man pages and the html versions
slowly
fall out-of-date.

Right now I'm busy implementing number 3, but I have no problem with
either of the other two options.

Joshua.