httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Kessler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: German translation
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Sven Hessler <hessler@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

> On Mon Jul 08, 2002 at 04:34:51PM +0200, Astrid Kessler wrote:
>> Sven Hessler <hessler@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
>>
>> > I'd like to contribute some German translation for the documentation
>> > project.
>>
>> But, ... do you know there has be a discussion some time ago to do
>> the translation on xml files?
>
> No, unfortunately not. Is there something I should worry about? Could
> you please tell me more or give me a link where I could read about it?

If I remember correctly, there has been a discussion in May this year with
the title "german documentation" or something else, startet by Lars
Eilebrecht. Sorry, is it possible that you look at the mailinglist archive
yourself?

A modulesynopsis.dtd is existing for module documentations and all these
files are converted so that you can go on with these immediately.

You'll find some more information about at http://httpd.apache.org/docs-
project/docsformat.html.

All other manual pages have to be converted to xml before doing the
translation. I suggested a corresponding manualpage.dtd, but up to now its
not official.

Kess