httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: XML validation and Ant
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 21:04:11 GMT
On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Vincent de Lau wrote:
> I've tested it on Win2K Pro with Sun's JRE 1.4 and it works perfectly. I've
> 'ported' the build.sh script to a Windows .cmd script.

This looks very nice!  I like decreasing barriers to entry (no cygwin
necessary)!

I don't have time to test it right now, but if a windows XP user can give
it a go and tell us it works, I'll be happy to commit it.

The other thing that might be nice is to remove build.sh/build.cmd/etc
from httpd-2.0 and instead place them, together with all the necessary
libraries in a seperate CVS repository where they can just be checked out
into the right place.  I am a little uncomfortable with the fact that we
are placing .cmd and .sh files into a directory that is accessible by
default for everyone who installs apache.  It isn't executable by default,
but with a slight configuration error...

What do people think about that?

Joshua.