httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Netware service pack
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:39:20 GMT

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Brad Nicholes wrote:

> BTW, do you know if anybody has had a
> chance to fix up the Rotate Log documentation in accordance with the new
> functionality?  I posted a message last week about it but didn't get any
> response.  I would do it myself but I have no idea how to edit the man
> pages document.

The problem is that I don't really know either.  The html page that you
editted is generated from a troff man page.  I have the tools to convert
from troff to html (with a little hand-editting), but I really don't know
troff at all.  So the options are

1. Somebody figures out enough troff to keep the man pages up-to-date.

2. We ditch the troff man pages and go with html only.

3. We ignore the issue and let the man pages and the html versions slowly
fall out-of-date.

Right now I'm busy implementing number 3, but I have no problem with
either of the other two options.

Joshua.