httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: manual/style/build.xml
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2002 20:31:28 GMT

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, David Shane Holden wrote:

> I should also mention xmlvalidate isn't available in the custom jar file ...

I think it is great that people are considering ways to improve the build
process.  But let me add some history here.

We tried to change the build process before a few months ago, and it took
Yoshiki and I significant hair pulling to get it back to a point where it
worked again.  So I don't want to see any changes that will leave us worse
than we are now.  To make sure that doesn't happen, I'm not going to
commit any changes to the build system unless:

A. They are checked and approved by Yoshiki or someone else familiar with
the Japanese translation; or

B. They don't change in any way the handling of Japanese; they only touch
english.

Joshua.