httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Issues with XML / XSLT stuff
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2002 15:43:24 GMT

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002, David Shane Holden wrote:

> Joshua Slive wrote:
>  >
>  > the less people will actually write docs.  I know that already some people
>  > are frustrated with needing a JVM/etc in order to do the transformations.
>
> I'm using Xalan-C++ which is hella better than the Java version IMO, and a
> makefile for VC nmake to burn through and transform all the files I have
> listed in it.

Actually, I think that in general the Java version is ahead of the C++
version in features and standards compliance, but I don't keep up with the
development so I may be wrong.  In any case, we need to stick with the
Java version for the html transformations, because the C++ version does
very nasty things to the Japanese translation.

You can use whatever you want for your own testing/etc, but we need to
standardize on Xalan-Java for the html that gets committed to the docs.

Joshua.