httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Issues with XML / XSLT stuff
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 22:46:00 GMT

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Vincent de Lau wrote:

> DTD's
> -----
> section/related elements
>   The section element relies on related, which is not in common.dtd.
>   Also, in the current definition, you can have multiple related elements
>   within one section.
>   I propose to move the related and directivelist element to common.dtd and
>   change the section element to:

Sounds good.

>   <!ELEMENT section (title, related?, (section | %blocktags;)*)>
>   This would have the following results on module docs:
>   - enforces title element, which was optional but could occur multiple
> times

I'm not sure whether or not we want to allow sections without titles.  I
guess we can ban them for now and see how it goes.

>   - allows related element to be used
>   I've discovered one page that will not conform after the changes:
> mod_rewrite
>   uses a section element to group an image with a caption and does not use a
> title
>   element.

That can be fixed.

> message files
>   Would it be usefull to have these documents conforming to a DTD?

I don't think it is worth the effort.  They are really just a utility
thing to make the xslt work better.

> XSLT
> ----
> general
>   common.dtd calls a template for a meta element, which does not exist in
>   any DTD or current XML file. Should it be removed?

Yes.

> manualpage
>   The title in the generated page is prepended with 'Apache Module'.
>   Should we change this in 'Apache Manual:' or discard it?
>   Changing it would require an update to all the message files.

Discard.  My mistake, certainly.

> XML
> ---
> 3 (english) module pages are not conformant to the current DTD: mod_userdir,
> mod_proxy and mod_echo
> I haven't checked the Japenese yet.
>
> If there is consensus about these issues, I'll send patches and new files to
> the list.

Sounds good.

Joshua.