httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: XML format for manual pages (was Re: German translation)
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:14:00 GMT
On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Erik Abele wrote:

> Michael Schroepl recently posted an URL to the complete apache-docs
> converted to xhtml-1.0 strict. Perhaps these docs can be a starting point
> for further discussions about the look/the html+css specs of the new xslt
> ?!?

Yes, I saw that, but I haven't looked at it in great depth.  To be frank,
I don't have the time to pay attention to 1.3 these days.  I don't want to
discourage others from doing it, but I have more than I can handle trying
to get 2.0 in shape.

Regarding the overall look, I am hoping that someone will take a fresher
perspective on it.  We don't need to stick so close to what we were doing
in 1.3.  With the xml transformations, we could easily have side-bar
menus, etc.  It needs someone with a real eye for web design, and I
certainly don't qualify.  (Alternatively, we could just go find a set of
documentation that we like the look of and copy the format.)

Joshua.