httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject XML format for manual pages (was Re: German translation)
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:26:57 GMT

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Astrid Ke├čler wrote:
> Well, attached you'll find the manualpage.dtd and common.dtd.

Thanks again.  I have committed this with a very few of my own changes
(including making the include common.dtd thing work).

The next steps if we want to use this for the english docs are:

1. Modify the common.xsl file so that it can transform a document
in this format into html.

2. Start converting.

Number 1 shouldn't be hard, but there is one caveat.  When I originally
wrote the xsl that became common.xsl, I was really hoping that it would be
just a quick hack until some better web designer came along with something
nicer.  Unfortunately, that hasn't happened yet.  If anyone wants to take
one of the current mod_whatever.html pages, and turn it into something
that

1. Looks nice,
2. Is clean and simple, and
3. Makes proper use of css,

then I could help out with designing the xslt to create it from the xml.

Joshua.