httpd-docs mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Vincent de Lau" <vinc...@delau.nl>
Subject RE: XML validation and Ant
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:15:19 GMT
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Vincent de Lau [mailto:vincent@delau.nl]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 3:50 AM
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Yoshiki Hayashi [mailto:yoshiki@xemacs.org]
> > Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 1:55 PM
> >
> > I once again stumbled across Ant's bug.  Using Ant's
> > xmlvalidate task, validating iso-2022-jp XML files always
> > fail because XML parser assumes passed file is in UTF-8.
> >
> > I fixed the bug as in bug #11279.  I re-uploaded jar files
> > to
> > http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/jakarta-ant-1.5-modified-jar.tar.gz
> >
>
> I've noticed two documents that won't validate. I'll post a patch for them
> soon.

For mod_rewrite.xml, here is a patch to fix the title-less section's. It has
been submitted before, but the patch also contained another patch that is
comitted already.

Then there is allmodules.xml:

The validation target should exclude mod/allmodules.xml since this document
does not have a DTD assigned. It cannot be assigned either, since it is used
as an imported entity. If rewritten the proposed validate target to:

<target name="validate"
    description="Validate the XML source files">
    <!-- Validate almost all XML files in all languages -->
    <xmlvalidate lenient="false" failonerror="false" warn="true">
        <fileset dir="../"
                 includes="**/*.xml **/*.xml.*"
                 excludes="mod/allmodules.xml mod/allmodules.xml.*
style/**"/>
    </xmlvalidate>
</target>

I'm making the assumption that all XML documents should be valid, except
where it is impossible. The latter can be excluded.
Furthermore, XML files have an extension of .xml or .xml.lc (where lc can be
any valid language code).

I've also excluded style/ since this directory contains XML documents that
don't have a DTD assigned (build.xml and lc.xml)

For the future, I've also included the 'translated' allmodules.xml

The patch also excludes allmodules.xml from the xslt target.

Vincent de Lau
 vincent@delau.nl


Mime
View raw message