httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Vincent de Lau" <vinc...@delau.nl>
Subject RE: Issues with XML / XSLT stuff
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2002 23:34:35 GMT

XML Spy is not free, but as 30 day evaluation is available. The IE plugins
can be found at MSDN and are free (link most likely wrapped):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/000/543/m
sdncompositedoc.xml

> > Questions:
> > 1. How are we going to make sure that committed files are
> valid? I expect a
> > XML rush, now that the DTD's and XSLT's are working. I've seen
> one document
> > already but that was not conforming to the DTD.
>
> The problem is that we want to make writing documentation as easy as
> possible.
trim...
> When the inevitable non-validating doc gets committed, those of us who are
> insterested can fix it.

Maybe a good thing to do: When patches are submitted, the author should tell
if the resulting doc was validated. If he didn't or can't for some reason,
somebody will have to "review" (validate) the patch before commiting. (Ala
translations, bur we asume that when the author says he validated, he did)

> > 2. What is the current status of the build system? STATUS says
> that it is
> > still not 100%. This should probably be fixed asap.
>
> I have made changes to style/build.xml which seem to be working for now.
> Unfortuantely, STATUS always seems to lag a little behind.

Hence I asked ;)

> > 3. How are we going to organise the migration for current documents?
trim...
> I suggest that you just make a quick post to the list before you start
> saying "I'm working on docs x,y,z".  That way we are less likely to get
> conflicts.

Agree. Would it be usefull to post a XML STATUS message once a week?

Vincent de Lau