httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Michael.Schro...@telekurs.de
Subject Antwort: Re: cvs commit: httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/howto htaccess .html
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:39:27 GMT

Hi Rich,

> OK, I don't think I like this at all. This makes ".htaccess"
> orange all over the place. Is that really what people want
> to see happen?

the color is what the CSS lines did specify, and IMHO
noone insists on a specific color, especially not me.

Remove the two CSS lines and the colors are gone,
even with the CSS classes still inside the <code> tags.
Or edit the color definitions to something more decent.
Or replace them by one line to include a CSS definition
file with unique color definitions for the whole Apache
docs (sometimes in the future).
Or remove the classes if you absolutely don't like them.
Do what you think is best - I only make suggestions
and am incrementally learning what you want.

> Of course, I realize this will become unnecessary once we
> convert this to xml, so perhaps I'll just put in the <code>
> tags and leave out the style lines at this time.

I would have left the classes inside and just remove
the color definitions, as the classes alone won't do
any harm, and one day you will want a different look
for file names and Apache directives (or different XML
tags for both, so that the conversion from XHTML+CSS
to XML would have been not much more than search and
replace, which would have been my intention anyway -
if you can generate HTML from XML with very similar
semantics you can do it vice versa as well).

Did you change other things than remove the CSS classes
from my file as well? I only ask to find out whether I
already have a valid starting point for a translation
(removing the class definitions from my copy is a
question of seconds here - two search&replace - while
inserting them required to read the whole document) or
whether I need a new complete HTML instance of the now
committed file.

Regards, Michael