httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re[2]: New style/de.xml
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:08:48 GMT
> So you would say that (Dutch translation):
>
> "He wrote a letter about the new project."
> ("Hij schreef een brief over het nieuwe project.")
>
> would not be similar to:
>
> "He wrote a letter regarding the new project."
> ("Hij schreef een brief betreffende het nieuwe project.")
>
> and/or
>
> "He wrote a letter concerning the new project."
> ("Hij schreef een brief aangaande het nieuwe project.")
>
> but would be similar to:
>
> "He wrote a letter related to the new project."
> ("Hij schreef een brief gerelateerd aan het nieuwe project.")

IMO 'about' is much stronger than relating/concerning/regarding. To stay
with your examples: when I'm writing a letter _about_ a new project than
almost the _whole_ letter will be about the new project. When I'm writing a
letter _regarding_ a new project, I only have connections to the new
project, the letter can be about anything else. Puuhh....:-) I hope this
isn't to un-understandable...now I'm totally confused!

I just wanted to suggest an easy to understand solution:

1) "betreffende Module"
2) "betreffende Direktiven"

2 words, short and meaningful.

erik