httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Issues with XML / XSLT stuff
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2002 10:49:11 GMT
> Von: Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca>
> Datum: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 08:13:24 -0700 (PDT)
> Betreff: RE: Issues with XML / XSLT stuff
>
> On Sat, 27 Jul 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
>>> Can you tell I haven't been properly validating my xml ;-)
>
> What would be optimal is if we could get Ant/Xalan to validate as part of
> the transformation process, but I can't figure out how to make that
> happen.

Hi Joshua !

The xml files could easily be validated with a few changes to the build.xml
file. Just insert a new target and let the xslt-target depend on it. For
example:

<target name="validate"
    description="Validate the XML source files">

    <!-- Validate the root directory of the manual -->
    <xmlvalidate lenient="false" failonerror="false" warn="true">
        <fileset dir="../"
                 includes="*.xml *.xml.ja"/>
    </xmlvalidate>

    <!-- Validate the mod directory (.en + .ja) -->
    <xmlvalidate lenient="false" failonerror="false" warn="true">
        <fileset dir="../mod/"
                 includes="*.xml *.xml.ja"/>
    </xmlvalidate>
</target>

If you're using the ant logging capabilities there will be a nice output
(even in xml). So the results of the validation/trasformation can be easily
controlled. For example call ant with the following parameters (in
build.sh):

ant -logger org.apache.tools.ant.XmlLogger \
    -verbose \
    -logfile buildlog.xml \
    -Dant.XmlLogger.stylesheet.uri=log.xsl

(this stylesheet can be found in path_to/ant/etc/log.xsl; just copy to
manual/style)

For transforming the resulting logfile to html, you could use the following
in build.sh:

java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN buildlog.xml \
                                    -OUT buildlog.html

If appreciated I could prepare a complete build-environment for the
validation/transformation/logging - proccess...just let me know if it would
help you.

-erik