httpd-docs mailing list archives

From David Shane Holden <dpej...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: manual/style/build.xml
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2002 04:55:05 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> This is necessary because Ant's notion of an "extension" doesn't map very
> well with ours.  I believe that with the buildfile you created, something
> like file.xml.ja.jis will get transformed into file.xml.ja.html.ja.jis or
> something like that.  Obviously, that's no good.

*sigh* ... just noticed that in the error below ...

Looks like if we rename the files to file.xml-ja.jis and transform it, Xalan
will spit out the correct file extension and we wouldn't need to use
customized jars.

> I'm also not sure why you are getting an error with the Japanese.  I get a
> warning from Xalan, but it works fine anyway.  Could you try with our jar
> files and see if you can get things to work.

I just tried with the custom jars and I still get the same error.  I'm
wondering if it's an issue with Windows.  I actually get two different
errors when I validate and when I transform.  The validate error is

[xmlvalidate]
manual/mod/mod_auth.xml.ja:8:15: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1b)
was found in the element content of the document.

and the transformation error is

[style] Processing manual\mod\mod_auth.xml.ja to
         manual\mod\mod_auth.xml.html.ja.jis
[style] Loading stylesheet manual\style\manual.ja.xsl
[style] Warning: encoding "iso-2022-jp" not supported, using UTF-8
[style] : Fatal Error! org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
         The encoding "iso-2022-jp" is not supported.
         Cause: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
         The encoding "iso-2022-jp" is not supported.
[style] Failed to process manual\mod\mod_auth.xml.ja

Shane