httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re[2]: New style/de.xml
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:31:54 GMT
>> hmm, what about putting "AllowOverride" into the left
>> column and the particular value (AuthConfig etc.) into
>> the right one?

>> Generally: What about doin' this in the original version,
>> too?

+1 to use AllowOverride in the original documentation too.

When I remember my first attempts with the Apache, I had no idea what
"Override" means. And I often forgot the explanation. Using
"AllowOverride" may give beginners a better correlation to this
directive.

> Take the "howto/ssi.html" article as an example.
> It is about SSI; it surely references the related topics
> of CGI and even "mod_expires" (for a very specific detail),
> but it does not use directly any of these module's directives.
> I do consider the modules for SSI and CGI to be "related"
> in the meaning of "verwandt" (as brothers/sisters).

Well I've looked on some howtos. Neither "verwandt" not "verwendet" does
fit in ervery case. So I've choosen "referenzierte" now. This means
"Module/Direktiven, auf die Bezug genommen wird". Any comments?

You'll find the corrected version attached.

 Kess