httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo <ndpar...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/howto htaccess.html
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2002 13:58:52 GMT
Moin,

Saturday, July 27, 2002, 7:43:47 PM, Irmund wrote:

>>> (translate this article to German)
>>>
>> I'll do it until Sunday...probably I'll add a line

[something was wrong with the tar file, nevertheless I could unpack it
..., perhaps my fault - don't know, but this only by the way]

You've done a lot of work, I think. But there are some issues to be
mentioned. Of course, this is just only my opinion. YMMV.

* your version is not synchronized to (english) CVS version (currently r1.5 in
  httpd-docs-2.0) in form and content (CSS classes / missing some
  paragraphs(???) etc.) (likely peanuts)

* The German ist not very fluently to read
  (sometimes you translate word by word and on the other hand
   you are too loose in your interpretation)

* There are some little inconsistencies (translate examples or not?)

* There are some mistakes in your translation (e.g. in section
  "When (not) to use .htaccess files" after the first example:
  / is not DocumentRoot!), so sometimes you modify the original meaning.

* Finally, in my very humble opinion, for example, "you can" should not
  always be translated as "man kann". The better way is mostly "Sie
  können".

I revised the whole document and found that a simple patch was not very
applicable. Attached a second version of htaccess.html.de.

No offense meant!

nd
--
die (eval q-qq[Just Another Perl Hacker