httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Chris Pepper <pep...@reppep.com>
Subject SSL on Windows?
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:26:02 GMT
Docs,

	I wanted to create a cert in httpd 2.0.39 under Windows 2k,
but the docs don't seem to have been updated from UNIX-only mod_ssl.
In particular,
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/ssl_faq.html#ToC24> assumes the
presence of an openssl binary. I'm used to doing this stuff with
mod_ssl's or Red Hat's Makefile when available, or openssl commands
(as described in the docs) otherwise, but Apache2 doesn't seem to
provide either openssl or a makefile, and of course this system
doesn't have a C compiler or make command.

	Have any of you found a way to generate CSRs for httpd 2 in
Windows? I'd like to find a working solution, so I can use and
document it.

	Alternatively, should I just be using "make certificate" on a
UNIX system, then copying over the .crt & .key files and configuring
them into httpd.conf? Has anyone tested this?

						Thanks,

						Chris Pepper
--
Chris Pepper:               <http://www.reppep.com/~pepper/>