httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: vhosts examples
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 19:47:04 GMT
On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> I agree with the dot (Tony): you should emphasize the the first
> configuration works for almost any name-virtual hosting situation.  (ie,
> it works for multiple IP addresses, inside/outside IP addresses, etc.)
> The only thing it doesn't work for is serving different content based on
> the IP address (and port).

Added a note to this effect.

> Also, the "main" ServerName in the first example should probably be
> removed, since it does nothing at all in the NameVirtualHost * case.

Removed.

> You should probably also note in the first listed example that the first
> listed <virtulhost> will be the "default" virtual host that will catch
> all unmatched names.  You might want to even given an example with a
> "dummy" virtual host listed first just for catching those and forwarding
> them elsewhere.

Added a note to this effect, and will add the suggested example in the
next version. I'll go ahead and commit what I have, so that folks can be
tinkering with it, and nobody is waiting on me. I will probably work on
this a little on the roadtrip to YAPC.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://kenya.rcbowen.com/