httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re[2]: Vhosts docs
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:33:03 GMT
On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, [ISO-8859-15] Astrid Ke▀ler wrote:

> > I think all of your ideas are good, with the exception of removing the
> > mod_rewrite mass-virtual hosting.
>
> I strongly agree with Joshua. Please don't remove such further
> descriptions. Maybe put them into a section 'specials' or something else
> or insert this example into the mod_rewrite documentation and link it
> from the virtual hosts part. Because if they need it, those few people
> will love you for.

OK, I can see this. That was misguided. However, it seems to me that the
mod_rewrite portion of this doc has so little explanation that it seems
like line noise to most beginners. The word "simple" (which, IMHO,
should *never* be in documentation, because it makes beginners feel
stupid, but that's a debate for another day.) definately does not apply
to this section. Although I've looked at this part of the doc many times
(and I'm not exactly a beginner) my eyes glaze over, and I have a very
hard time getting through it. I think that we could do better at making
these documents a little more beginner-friendly.

--
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the sky on laughter-silvered wings