httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Covalent glossary
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:03:38 GMT

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 dirkx@covalent.net wrote:
> Eh - No. STOP. This is too cavalier an approach.
>
> 	(This is Dirk with his Board hat on; not with his covalent hat on).
>
> Ryan/Joshua - Could you work with the PMC to make sure the right
> contributor licenses are signed by covalent and agreed to. (
>
> Feel free to ask me (when I am wearing my Covalent hat) and I'll prepare
> all the paper work from Covalent it side, will sign it and do the filing
> with July@covalent.
>
> But the ASF needs to go through the right moves with regard to IP,
> Liability, Patents and so on, when accepting an external donation with is
> not fully authored by the ASF itself.

Uhhh... I understand your concern, but I think we can play it casual on
this for a couple reasons:

- After further inspection, it appears that much of the covalent glossary
was originally sourced from Ralf's glossary, which is already part of the
docs (or they were both sourced from the same third party).

- I'm not going to do word-for-word copies from the covalent glossary,
except for perhaps some small excerpts.  In that sense, I don't need
permission at all; I asked for it basically to be polite.

If you still think we need to go through the formal stuff, I'll abide by
your opinion, but I think it is overkill for this small issue.

JOshua.