httpd-docs mailing list archives

From car...@cvc.edu (Carlos)
Subject Re: FAQs
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 02:20:02 GMT
Just a thought, why not create a single file with an attribute like
applies_to and then use a tool like grep or something like that to pull
material specific to one or the other?

Carlos

On 6/25/02 7:07 PM, "Justin Erenkrantz" <jerenkrantz@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 02:52:55PM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> I'm wondering how much latitude we have to change things around in the
>> FAQ. I remember that, shortly after I started working on the docs, there
>> was some discussion about the FAQs, and the necessity of keeping them. I
>> don't remember the details of that conversation, and I am currently on
>> the road, and offline, so can't look it up.
>
> I think some concern might be if you remove a FAQ.  I'd remove a
> question if it no longer applies today.  But, if the question is
> still legitimate, it's probably worth it to keep it there.
>
>> Second question. Is there any thought that we will have a 2.0 FAQ and a
>> 1.3 FAQ, as separate documents, or are we sticking to just the one for
>> now?
>
> I think 2.0 might merit a separate FAQ, but if you don't think so,
> then by all means, create a unified one.  We can move it out of
> the docs and just have it on the web page.
>
> As with everything else, you probably have a wide latitude here to
> improve the content and style as you see fit.  -- justin

Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer
 P | California Virtual Campus
 - | C/O De Anza College
 G | 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
---+ Cupertino, CA 95014

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

"If there is artificial intelligence, doesn't that imply there is also
artificial stupidity!"