httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/vhosts fd-limits.html.en
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 20:32:14 GMT
rbowen@apache.org wrote:
> rbowen      2002/06/15 13:09:08
>
>   Modified:    docs/manual/vhosts fd-limits.html.en
>   Log:
>   Added configuration example, code example, and a little explanation, to
>   facilitate logging all of your virtual hosts to a single file, and then
>   splitting them back up after. Note that if Apache has problems with this
>   many file handles, Perl might also. I'm not sure.

Note that there is a support script included with apache that does this:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/httpd-2.0/support/split-logfile.in?rev=1.2
or
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/programs/other.html

It is fairly similar to yours, but not quite the same.  Both your script
and the one in httpd-2.0 are missing a necessary security fix from the
1.3 version (strip slashes from the vhost name).

Joshua.