httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <>
Subject Re: 1.3 docs
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:39:42 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 11:17:32PM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
>>What is the general consensus regarding 1.3 docs and keeping them up to
>>date with patches applied to the 2.0 docs?

> Personally, I'd treat the 1.3 docs as closed as the 1.3 source
> tree (i.e. no major changes, just minor problems that are worth
> us fixing and that more than one person cares about).  For instance,
> if someone wants to do a new translation, they'd be far better off
> doing it against the 2.0 docs rather than the 1.3 docs.
> If you want to resync 1.3 against 2.0, I wouldn't stop you.  But,
> I'd think everyone's time would be better of focusing on the quality
> of the 2.0 documentation.  -- justin

+1.  The way I am handling it right now is to only correct errors in the
1.3 docs.  Improvements to the documentation I commit only to 2.0.
Certainly there are still tons of people using the 1.3 docs, so it would
not be a bad idea for someone to back-port changes into 1.3.  It is just
not something that I feel like doing.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message