httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: XML->HTML
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 00:33:12 GMT
Rich Bowen wrote:
> Now that Mozilla is refusing to display XML, I tried the conversion
> processe.

I'd really like to figure out why this isn't working in Mozilla.  Is it
just the apache docs, or is mozilla not working at all for xslt at the
moment?  Personally, I've had near zero success with it for a long time.

> Is it *supposed* to convert all the docs all over again? That seems
> undesirable.

Which method are you using?  The "recommended" technique is build.sh,
which calls ant.  It should not regenerate docs that don't change.

> The 'site' cvs repository has a different conversion process. Is there
> any chance we can all agree on something, and not have to remember
> several different ways to do this?

site and httpd-site use anakia, while the docs use xslt.  I am
relatively transformation-agnostic.  I'm sure the existing stuff could
be implimented in anakia, but then you would lose the ability to preview
in browsers (which still works, at least, in IE6).  I have no objections
to anyone working to improve the transformation system, just as long as
we don't move backwards.

> I know it is a little late to start bitching about this, but I've been
> just using Mozilla as an xml viewer up til now.

Feel free to bitch.  Just do it constructively ;-)

Joshua.