httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.3 docs
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:43:06 GMT
On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 11:17:32PM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> What is the general consensus regarding 1.3 docs and keeping them up to
> date with patches applied to the 2.0 docs? Of course, this would mean a
> lot of manual patching of the 1.3 docs, as 2.0 patches are sure not to
> apply automatically.

Personally, I'd treat the 1.3 docs as closed as the 1.3 source
tree (i.e. no major changes, just minor problems that are worth
us fixing and that more than one person cares about).  For instance,
if someone wants to do a new translation, they'd be far better off
doing it against the 2.0 docs rather than the 1.3 docs.

If you want to resync 1.3 against 2.0, I wouldn't stop you.  But,
I'd think everyone's time would be better of focusing on the quality
of the 2.0 documentation.  -- justin