httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <>
Subject Re: german bug
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 05:44:29 GMT
According to Joshua Slive:

> I know we have several germans hanging around here.  Could one of you
> please look this over:

Well, the guy suggests using "Authentifizierung" as a German
word for "authentication", but "Authentifizierung" means
something like "Beglaubigung" in German, which is definitely wrong
in our context. A possible translation would be "Authentisierung"
which means something like "(g├╝ltige) Best├Ątigung".
Nevertheless, I've used the anglicism "Authentikation" in my original
translation as a more 'direct' translation of "authentication".
"Authentikation" is also a valid translation (I'm using it in my
German Apache book and it passed the publisher's spelling check),
albeit "Authentisierung" maybe a more common translation.

I'm in favour of leaving the current translation, but if people
prefer "Authentisierung", I'll change it.

Lars Eilebrecht                  - Reality does not exist... yet.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message