httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <l...@hyperreal.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (httpd-docs-2.0) Wed May 1 23:45:38 EDT 2002
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 23:10:59 GMT
According to Rodent of Unusual Size:

>     - Twi (.tw, .tw.big5)
>       (is that supposed to be Chinese/Taiwanese?  Because if so, it is
>       using the code reserved for Twi..)
>     [Need this clarified --jsl]

Yes tw is the ISO 639 code for Twi, but tw is the top-level domain for
Taiwan. According to ISO 639 Chinese is zh. In Taiwan people either speak
Hakka (language tag zh-hakka) or Tsou (IANA assigned the tag i-tsu, but
that's no ISO 639 language tag ...).

See http://www.iana.org/assignments/lang-tags/i-lux and
http://www.iana.org/assignments/lang-tags/i-hak

Maybe we should just use zh?

I'm not sure about the actual content of those tw files, but .tw and .tw.big
are almost identical.

BTW, I've been wrong in my last mail about the tag lu. Although .lu is
the TLD code for Luxembourg. The language tag is lb for 'Luxbembourgish'.
See http://www.iana.org/assignments/lang-tags/i-lux

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                 - Windows: You bought the Bill to
lars@hyperreal.org                           the Gates of hell.