httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Patrik Grip-Jansson <patr...@gnulix.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/style ja.xml
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 08:10:51 GMT
On 6 May 2002, Yoshiki Hayashi wrote:

> OK, I added Japanese translation of mod_suexec.xml but as in
> the log, it can't be transformed to HTML in current setup.

It seems to be working when using "xsltproc", but not with xalan.

> I've started reading XSLT spec and will try to learn Ant but
> I'm nowhere near competent at those stuff at the moment so
> any help would be appreciated.  Here are the list of things
> need to be done:
>
> 1. We need the ability to change the encoding attribute of
>    xsl:output in manual.xsl.
>
> 2. Some hard-coded English text in manual.xsl should be
>    moved to en.xml, ja.xml etc.

I'm cleaning up manual.xsl right now, while doing this I'm fixing all
hard-coded strings. I'll probably commit this with in a couple of hours.

> 3. How can I designate XSLT processor to use ja.xml?  My
>    guess from looking at the settings.xsl file was to add
>    language="ja" to modulesynopsis but it didn't work.

There were some problems using ant and translations. Since I didn't have
the time to look into it properly I hard-coded the language to "en". As
soon as I've finished the clean up, I'll give it another go...

--
| Patrik Grip-Jansson |
| 78444 Borlänge   .--'----' http://gnulix.com/ `---------.
| Sweden           |  All views and opinions are my own,  |
`------------------| PH:+46(0)24382823 PW:+46(0)707354360 |