httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: xml build system
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 02:59:38 GMT
On Tue, 7 May 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> OK.  It's time to get this problem solved.
>
> At the moment, the new xml system is an obstacle to proper doc maintenance
> rather than an aid.  This needs to be fixed pronto.  I had hoped to remain
> XSLT-software agnostic and just let people use what they like, but this is
> not working for two reasons:
>
> 1. We need a simple system so that people with no xslt knowledge can still
> write docs.

I am not clear why this is a problem. Mozilla understands the XML
without conversion. You can work on the XML, verify that it is is
correct, and commit it, all without generating HTML. I think that's a
better system for folks, like myself, that are either unable, or too
lazy, to do the conversion. Just get the latest Mozilla, and use that as
your converter.

--
Who can say where the road goes
Where the day flows