httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: German documentation as a book
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 02:16:26 GMT
On Sun, 5 May 2002, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

> Well, they are still interested and are offering us one of
> the following options:
>
> 1. Translation is done by us; MITP does the spelling review;
> 2. Like 1., but translation is sponsored by MITP,
> 3. MITP takes care of everything;

I think that I like option 3, in that a professional translator would
take care of it, and we would be guaranteed of the best showing over
all. Having the finished result in Winword is less than ideal, but it
could perhaps be used in an effort to get a more complete german
translation of the docs. Option 2 works for me as well, assuming that
there is someone to take on such a project. As for myself, ich habe
meine deutsch fergessen. Or something like that. It's been 15 years or
so. While option 1 *sounds* wonderful on the face of it, I don't want to
volunteer someone else's time for no personal compensation.

Pending all the permission issues (feather, use of "official" wording),
I like this idea.

I'd also like to see an English edition, but that is likely a discussion
for another time.

--
Pilgrim, how you journey on the road you chose
To find out where the winds die and where the stories go