httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod mpm_common.xml
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 14:38:02 GMT

On 15 May 2002, Yoshiki Hayashi wrote:

> Disclaimer: I've only started reading XSLT spec recently and
> don't understand details yet.

Welcome to the club.

> I used Xalan-J and got the same changes.  However, looking
> at the XSTL spec, <br /> becoming <br> seems like the
> correct transformation for html output method.

I'm not sure about the xml vs html output issue.  But in my mind this is
not an issue of first-level importance.  It would be nice to use good
conforming xhtml, but this is far less important than getting a system
that works and keeping the docs up to date.

In other words, just commit the d**n transformations.  If some tweaking
needs to be done later, that's fine.  But don't leave out-of-date docs
because a tag doesn't match the spec.

Joshua.