httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Yoshiki Hayashi <yosh...@xemacs.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/style ja.xml
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 03:53:07 GMT
Patrik Grip-Jansson <patrikj@gnulix.org> writes:

> On 6 May 2002, Yoshiki Hayashi wrote:
>
> > OK, I added Japanese translation of mod_suexec.xml but as in
> > the log, it can't be transformed to HTML in current setup.
>
> It seems to be working when using "xsltproc", but not with xalan.

I haven't tried your new manual.xsl yet, but older one
worked with Xalan-J.  Of course, I need to change
<xsl:output method="html" encoding="iso-8859-1" indent="no"/>
<xsl:output method="html" encoding="iso-2022-jp" indent="no"/>
so that specified encoding can correctly encode characters.
Perhaps it depends on the Java runtime?  I used Blackdown
Java 1.3.1.

I presume this setting can be conditionalized like $language
stuff in settings.xml.  Could you add logic to choose
encoding by checking modulesynopsis/language?

> > 2. Some hard-coded English text in manual.xsl should be
> >    moved to en.xml, ja.xml etc.
>
> I'm cleaning up manual.xsl right now, while doing this I'm fixing all
> hard-coded strings. I'll probably commit this with in a couple of hours.

I noticed you have already done that.  Thanks.

> > 3. How can I designate XSLT processor to use ja.xml?  My
> >    guess from looking at the settings.xsl file was to add
> >    language="ja" to modulesynopsis but it didn't work.
>
> There were some problems using ant and translations. Since I didn't have
> the time to look into it properly I hard-coded the language to "en". As
> soon as I've finished the clean up, I'll give it another go...

I'll wait for your next commit on this one.  Thanks in advance.

--
Yoshiki Hayashi