httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.36
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 15:55:06 GMT
At 10:50 AM 5/10/2002, you wrote:
>"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:
> >
> > Not acked.  Would anyone care to reread the notes at /dist/httpd/ and
> > /dist/httpd/binaries/win32/ and see if they can figure out how someone
> > fails to get from 'here' to 'there'?  As I just revised 'em, apparently my
> > reasoning was incomplete. Another set of eyes would be great.
>
>Well, http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/ says:
>
>"The two -no_src versions, both the .exe and .msi installers DO NOT
>contain the source code. There is no other difference, and if you do not
>know the C language, or have no C compiler installed, these versions are
>faster to download. There is no other difference between these packages
>and the -src .msi version."
>
>There is no "-no_src" version there that I can see. Just
>apache_2.0.36-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi.

ahhh.  Now I see confusion.  You would be reading the 1.3 section.  If you
follow to the 2.0 section, I believe I spelled out that we don't know how we
want to blend the source tree into a distro, so the 2.0 section spells out
where to find the sources.

For starters, it's probably time to reverse the 1.3 and 2.0 sections.  And
spell out apache_1.3.x-win32-x86-no_src.msi so it's not so ambigious.

I'll get to those over the weekend.