httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: German documentation as a book
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 11:44:46 GMT
> as you may remember, I've mentioned a few a weeks ago, that
> the german publisher MITP is interested in publishing a german
> translation of our documentation (Apache 2.0).

As I mentioned some weeks before, I'm already doing the german
translation. Because of writing another book about the apache for the
same publisher vmi (which MITP belongs to) and because of the switch to
XML, the translation is going slow at the moment.

Imho it's needless to translate twice. Additced to the date they want to
publish I might not able to do the whole translation. But I'm already
working on it and won't stop. So I suggest, that ASF and MITP take the
running translation into consideration.

In my opinion option 2 (or 1) would be the best for ASF. And it will be
possible. I could require another german native speaker for translation,
too. We two plus ?? people from this list should be able to make the
work.

Kess

E-Mail: kess@kess-net.de