httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: German documentation as a book
Date Sun, 05 May 2002 22:15:32 GMT
Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

> MITP has the following requirement: They are allowed to publish
> the book as the official Apache HTTP Server documentation (including
> use of the feather logo).
> BTW, the book will probably be a paperback with a price of about
> 35 EUR.

This sounds fine to me, as long as they are fully aware that this would
be a non-exclusive arrangement.  We can't prevent any other publisher
from using the results to make another book (although we could deny them
the use of the logo, etc).

I favor options 2,3,1 in that order.  Option 2 will obviously only work
if we can find someone willing to spend a significant chunk of time to
lead the project.  I doubt that option 1 will work at all, given the
limited resources people have to devote to this sort of thing.
Translating back from winword to something we can use would be a
relatively huge job in itself, so option 3 might not provide us much
benefit.  (But if we don't have the manpower to do 1 or 2, I have no
problem with them doing this on their own.  It should certainly benefit
the German Apache community.)

Joshua.