httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Hiroaki KAWAI <h...@bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Subject Re: modification request - xml files
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 14:42:52 GMT
Yoshiki Hayashi <yoshiki@xemacs.org> wrote:
> Hiroaki KAWAI <hawk@bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp> writes:
> > >
> > > Could you tell me what browser and which file you used?  I'm
> > > using Galeon 1.2.1 and mod_suexec.ja.html looks fine to me.
> > > I'm reluctant to commit the change not knowing the exat
> > > problem.
> >
> > I use Microsoft IE 6.0 on Windows2000 Professional.
> > What I'm talking about is oriented from the property of
> > Japanese language itself. I think whatever browser we
> > use, This problem would occur in Japanese.
> >

> I guessed as much about the problem is word-wrapping.  It is
> nearly obvious from the word nowrap, isn't it? :-)
>
> But thanks anyway for the explanation.  It would help non
> Japanese speaking people to understand the problem.
>
> However, you didn't answer half of my question, "which
> file".  I also guessed it was probably one of the Japanese
> translation you submitted to Japanese mailing list.  Since
> your first message lacked exact details, it is more natural
> for me to ask you to give us more information than spending
> time doing guess work.

I didn't answer the latter. But, I also confirmed that the
problem occuer with mod_suexec.xml.ja (when the window of the
browser is small enough). But it is true, that I encounterd first
this problem with my original translation. Yes, I should
have better mention it, but I forgot. :-(

# I don't like guess-work, too.
# Please ask me. I'm willing to answer quickly. ;-)

> It would be much easier for me to make the change if you
> followed the following course:
>
>   1. Post a patch for the above change
>   2. State where exactly the problem occurs
>   3. (Optional) Send URL of HTML files before and after your
>      patch
>
> This would allow me to directly see the difference easily.
> You know, we have something like "Seeing is worth more than
> 100 explanations" in Japanese proverb. ;-)
>
> Now I understand the problem so you don't have to do 2 and 3
> anymore.  Could you provide a patch for the above change?
> (I assume you have patched file on your disk.  If not, just
> say so and I'll make the change manually).

No, I don't have patched file yet. I just tested and deleted the
file.
But the files seems to have been modified. Thanks a lot.

Hiroaki Kawai
Department of Complexity Science and Engineering,
 The University of Tokyo
http://www.bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
mailto:hawk@bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp