httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Hiroaki KAWAI <>
Subject Re: modification request - xml files
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 12:27:11 GMT
Yoshiki Hayashi <> wrote:
> > 2)
> > in 2.0/manual/style/common.xsl :
> > At line 279, 283, 288, 293, 298, 303, 307 and 317,
> > change <td> to <td nowrap="nowrap">.
> > Especially in Japanese, the simple <td> tag generates horrible
> > outlook. It would harm nothing in other Languages, I'm happy
> > if the modifications are applied.
> Could you tell me what browser and which file you used?  I'm
> using Galeon 1.2.1 and mod_suexec.ja.html looks fine to me.
> I'm reluctant to commit the change not knowing the exat
> problem.

I use Microsoft IE 6.0 on Windows2000 Professional.
What I'm talking about is oriented from the property of
Japanese language itself. I think whatever browser we
use, This problem would occur in Japanese.

The index of the description of Apache modules are
HTML tables currently. At the left, "description" or
"status" and so on, are the elements of the table.
In Japanese, 'word' is not separeted with white
spaces. If the description was long and word-wrapping
occered, the index word of "description" or something
at the left column itself would also be word-wrapped even
if they are single words.

I think the left column should not be word-wrapped.
So I propose the nowarp="nowrap" option.

Hiroaki Kawai
Department of Complexity Science and Engineering,
 The University of Tokyo

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message