httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml build system
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 18:56:54 GMT
On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 07:28:37AM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Agreed, but if most of the developers were to use an XML browser, the
> conversion could be done, say, once a week, by someone with the
> know-how, rather than having to have all of the individuals involved
> know how to do it.

The rationale for standardizing on a specific XML toolset is
so that the conversions in the repository don't consistently
flip-flop.

Right now, if everyone were to use their own transformation
tools and versions, the diffs in the repository would be
horrendous.

I would back the rationale for updating the HTML at the same
time as the XML so that our website could be properly
updated when the docs change.  -- justin