httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Boivin, Patrice J" <Boiv...@mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Subject securing Apache on Win32
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 11:53:36 GMT
You probably see these requests regularly from new listserv members, if
that's the case, I apologize up front.

I have asked Oracle to explain how I can secure iAS on NT/Windows2000, iAS
(Internet Application Server 9i) relies on Apache 1.3.  I haven't received
an answer from them so far.  I asked because of that big Unbreakable
campaign they launched a few months ago.

O'Reilly's Apache: The Definitive Guide says in 4 places that win32 is not
secure, I was wondering if you could confirm whether this is correct, and if
not, what the Apache sysadmins tend to do to secure win32...

If this is not the right venue to ask, please point me in the right
direction (not Microsoft, that's hopeless I think).

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)