httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: this xml thang. ;)
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 06:30:09 GMT
On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Liew Cow Yuan - USSD-CSSG wrote:

> I am one of the Systems Engineer that works for a local IT co. in Malaysia.
> I would to learn something here indepth but I have no knowledge of Java or
> any programming. Therefore I need guidelines of how and where to start. I
> have downloaded the apache from sunfreeware and don't know what to do next.
> I can understand what have been in the discussion loop but how do i go about
> reaching where u guys have been right now.

So I guess you're saying that you're trying to get an Apache server set up
and you want to know how to get started, right?  This mailing list is for
discussion about writing the documentation, not support... take a look at
http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html for that.  But before you post
there, you'll want to look through the config file (httpd.conf) and see
what's there and read through the manual
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ for Apache 2.0,
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/ for Apache 1.3).

Hope this helps,
Cliff