httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.35 release: it's missing from your download page (fwd)
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 22:50:11 GMT
On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Neil O'Sullivan wrote:

> there is a link called CURRENT-IS-2.0.35 which is broken; the most
> recently dated version of apache appears to be

UGH, that was supposed to help, not hinder.  CURRENT-IS-2.0.35 is not a
link, it's a zero-byte file.  I can *make* it a link if we want, but I
don't think so.  I was just following www.kernel.org's lead by sticking
that in there so it would be clear what the advertised "best" version was.

> 	apache_1.3.24.<various encodings>
>
> the latest version of httpd appears to be
>
> 	httpd-2.0.35.<various encodings>
>
> 	flood-0.4.tar.gz
>
> 	libapreq-1.0.tar.gz.
>
> I guess what's not clear is what versions of the above code constitute
> a full release of Apache 2.0.35, and based on the reading I've done around
> the web site, I sort of expected to see an apache_2.0.35.tar.gz tarball,
> or at least a 2.0, but it simply doesn't come up on my browser.

It's there.  httpd-2.0.35.tar.gz  -- look closer.  The files even have
individual descriptions listed to the right-hand side of the /dist/httpd/
index telling what they are.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com