httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: What's the recommend version of Xalan and Xerces?
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:19:21 GMT

On 23 Apr 2002, Yoshiki Hayashi wrote:
> What is the recommended version of Xalan and Xerces?  I have
> Xalan 1.2.2 and Xerces 1.4.3 installed from Debian unstable
> package.  When I ran styles/build.sh to generate HTML from
> XML docs, the diff was a bit larger than expected namely
> because it reordered attributes like href and class.
>
> Since the change itself was quite small, I hand-edited auto-
> generated HTML files to reflect the change but I don't think
> I want to do that for larger changes. :-)

I think that is because I used Xalan-C to generate the docs at one point,
at it does the ordering differently from Xalan-J.  Pretty irritating.  But
in general, I wouldn't worry about the size of the diffs.  Those are
generated files; they are only in CVS for the convenience of the release
manager.  If we can settle on a single transformer for everyone to use,
then the problem should go away.

Joshua.